High performance with free-flow control
Lightweight high-performance second stage with a free-flow control. Also includes a heat sink and has and adjustable cracking pressure.
This is very important in Octopus regulators, since the Pre-Dive position is much more resistant to Venturi-Free-flows that can sometimes result in significant air-loss during a dive. The F8 Octopus comes with a Yellow cover and 36″ hose.
• New inhalation diaphragm provides superior tear strength and improved response time to breathing (super soft silicone molded over a low friction disk).
• Improved exhaust valve ensures dryness and a lower exhalation effort.
• Seat-saving orifice, compliments of Atomic Aquatics, retracts when not in use – extending the life of the breathing tube seat. (#5,803,073)
• Seat comprised of soft silicone molded over a metal insert to deliver the firmness required for an airtight seal while maintaining the necessary elasticity to prevent leaking.
• Redesigned front cover and inhalation effort control knob use co-molded components that provide the necessary grip, soft touch and ease of use. Available in several color kits
• Zirconium-plated inlet tube and heat sink for superior corrosion resistance.
• Redesigned heat sink dramatically increases surface area, aiding in the heat exchange necessary to avoid freeze-up.
• Co-molded silicone mouthpiece for better fit and less jaw fatigue
Second Stage Materials:
Case: Nylon 12
Poppet Seat: 316 SS insert with silicone overmold
Diaphragm: Elastomeric Polymer
Exhaust Valve: Silicone